In case you haven’t heard or checked the Rock Da Spot section to your right, The Rap Pack will be invading the MIA later this week for a gang of shows.
I haven’t been in Miami in 4 years, but a few things stick out in my mind when I think of Rick Ross’ fiefdom:
- The superhuman ability of old people to drive below the speed limit on major highways.
- The obscene levels of moisture in the air that hits your pores immmediately upon stepping one foot out the door of the airport.
- Reggaeton defeating my psyche after 48 hours.
Beyond that, I’m hella excited to get the hell outta dodge for 5 days. Here’s my traveling list thus far. If you’ve been to Miami, let me know what items I should add to the dock to ensure a wholesome trip!
- SPF whateverthehellwillpreventmyinevitableskincancer
- Flip flops (1 of 2 instances where it is OK for men to show foot in public)
- Books for the beach/pool area: The People Look Like Flowers at Last by Charles Bukowski, What Nietzsche Really Said by Robert Solomon, The Complete Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.
- Sleeping music for plane ride home and/or sharing a room with a chronic snoorer: Boards of Canada, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack, Sweetback, Edit, 14KT’s The Golden Hour, Koushik’s Out My Winow
- Riding music: Rick Ross’ Deeper Than Rap, The Clipse’s Hell Hath No Fury, T.I.’s King, assorted Busta Rhymes, assorted Neptunes, assorted Outkast, assorted Trick Daddy
- Studio equipment to capture the cool vibes via beats and rhymes
- Ingredients for making mojitos every day
- Jump rope, hand wraps, running shoes, and Everlast back and ab support pad. Gotta stay training, even on vay cay.
What else do I need to bring?